The first Methodist preaching in Brunswick of which we have record is that of Melville Cox, an itinerant preacher who held a service in 1821 in a school house. In the early years itinerant preachers of the Bath and Bowdoinham circuits organized classes and held services in borrowed facilities in Brunswick. In 1836 under the leadership of Rev. Asahel Moore, a Methodidst Society was organized. Later that year the Methodist Episcopal Society purchased a former Baptist meeting house on Federal Street. In 1866 the Methodists sold the Federal Street church to St. John’s Catholic Parish and built a church on Pleasant Street near the intersection with Maine Street. Toward the end of the 20th Century the need for parking space and a more modern facility was evident. In 1988 the Methodists moved to their present location at the corner of Church and Raymond Roads.